Wednesday 21 December 2011

La Grillade, Leeds

On a cold wet night in December it takes alot to tempt me 'outnabout', but this place gets me every time.
Underwhelming from the outside, hidden away down steep cellar steps, Grillade even smells French - they must import their cleaning products along with the wine and the President butter.

Pleasantly busy but not as frantic as the bar at Restaurant Bar & Grill had been half an hour earlier, we were greeted by a lovely French waitress, and seated quickly.
Our starters were lovely, my charcuterie platter was beautifully presented, with lots of crusty baguette on the side - ideal with the two rustic pates.
The wine was reasonably priced, from about £15 up, we went for a £20.50 red (forgive my not remembering the name...I had alot of it you see...), which went perfectly with my equally perfect entrecote - medium rare exactly as requested. The delicate frites and peerless house salad dressing completed the dish. Although I was genuinely full, I HAD to go for Grillades legendary cheese board - amazing.

You can probably sense that this is one of my favourite haunts, The French staff are so professional and welcoming, the food so simple but amazing, I just love it.

 Long may it remain hard to find!

No comments:

Post a Comment