Wednesday 16 November 2011

Truly Scrummy, Horsforth

Have driven past this little cafe countless times, but never found a parking space! My luck changed, and so I got to try it out.
Light, bright and airy, it has a bustling, clattery feel to it thats quite pleasant. The decor is simple but clean and bright.I was there at lunchtime and there were 4 staff on, so why it took half an hour to get my cup of coffee (delicious once it came) is beyond me. (If my 'companion' had been there we'd have left ) My pannini took another 10 minutes on top of that, and was beautifully presented with lots of garnish, for a really good price. Except it wasn't a pannini. It was a bread roll that had been squashed flat in a pannini press....the goats cheese and vegetable filling was really good, hot and tasty, but the bread was a real let down. And when a place is as open plan as this, you can't avoid seeing that staff are doing a myriad of other things - other than serving you. And when someone arrives 15 minutes after you, but gets served straight away while you're sat waiting, well, it narks you off.
I might give this another go.......no I probably won't....don't like my OJ put on my table in its plastic bottle thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment