Monday 14 November 2011

The White Hart, Pool in Wharfedale

It was gorgeous on Saturday, so after a bracing yomp ont chevin, we wound up down at The White Hart, a contemporary classic pub/bar and eatery. It has a great atmosphere, gets the music right, and the food is pretty reliable too. The clientele tends to be a bit more 'mature' than average (ahem), but theres always a few family groups, the '3 generations' type of gathering, getting together for lunch and a catch up.

My 'companion' had the classic burger, and I asked for a main size portion of the smoked haddock kedgeree starter, and we both had a beer, Peroni and Landlord. The staff here always look the part in their branded T shirts, and I lust after the battered leather aprons every time I come - although the inside word is that they're a bit hot in Summer! The 2 women in charge were rather less well dressed than the bar staff, but service was attentive ( I LOVE table service for drinks!) The burger arrived and was fabulous, and my dish got the award for the prettiest presentation I've seen in a while; colourful and decorative, with a scattering of what looked like seeds and petals - such a shame to tuck in ....but I did.....lovely.

The only little gripe I had was, that in the bright sunshine that was flooding in through the windows, every dirty stain and grubby smudge on the backs of the leather armchairs really leapt out at you, and made the place look less than pristine.....Mr Sheen does the trick I understand.....

Put it this way, it won't stop me going back ....the sharing platter with extra roast garlic is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment